Colombia is party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention). Therefore, all intercountry adoptions between Colombia and the United States must meet the requirements of the Convention and U.S. law implementing the Convention. Colombian adoptions are conducted through a collaborative effort of a Hague accredited adoption agency in the U.S. and by the Colombian Central Adoption Authority (ICBF). COLOMBIA VISUAL PROGRAM GUIDE
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
To learn more about our Colombia Adoption Program, you may contact us, call April Rogers our office at (502) 423-5780, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View children available for adoption. Single children above age 10, sibling groups (one child is above age 10), and children of all ages with various special needs are available.
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
- The age difference between adoptive parents and a child should not be more than 45 years. This requirement may be more flexible with families adopting school-age children and children with special needs.
- At least one parent has to be over 25 years of age.
- Single women and men are accepted into the program.
- A couple has to be married for at least 2 years.
- Make application to Nightlight Christian
- Begin your adoption home study and submit form I-800A to
- Begin to assemble your dossier. We will give you detailed
- Once USCIS has approved your adoption home study, you will receive your I-797C pre-approval notice.
- Once your USCIS approval has been received your dossier is complete, you will be registered to adopt in Colombia.
- The Colombian Central Authority will add you to a list of waiting families and it can take 6 to 12 months to receive a
- Upon referral acceptance, Nightlight will begin processing the family’s I-800.
- You will then travel to Colombia for the required 9-day integration period and then remain in country for the court adoption
- Once you have received the adoption decree, the attorney will obtain a new birth certificate and passport for your
- The final step is to obtain the US visa for your child and returning home. Most families will remain in Colombia for 3-6 weeks for the adoption process to be
- The children reside in orphanages while awaiting
- Colombia adoptions can take on average from 9 to 24 months to Families host a child from Colombia have expedited adoptions.
Colombia Adoption Program Details:
- Single children above the age of ten are available, as well as sibling groups and children with special needs of all ages.
- At least one parent must be over 25 years of age.
- Referral time is typically 6-12 months depending on the family’s openness to age, gender, and special needs.
- Colombia is an excellent program for families open to adopting older children. Learn more about adopting an older child HERE.
More Information on Colombia Adoptions
Colombia Adoption Overview Colombia U.S. Relations Intercountry Adoption Information on Colombia Colombia Hosting Program