The process begins with one click. Submit an online inquiry and you will receive one-on-one, personalized guidance through our certification process.
- Step #1: Complete the Nightlight online inquiry form.
- Step #2: Complete Nightlight’s Application and attend an Orientation. You are invited to a private orientation meeting with Nightlight’s Program Manager. The orientation will cover in-depth what to expect, increase your knowledge of California dependency and court system, assess your eligibility and suitability for the program and allow you to ask as many questions as you need.
- Step #3: Attend our Foster Care Pre-Certification Training. Our pre-certification training focuses on equipping you with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully parent a child in the foster care system.
- Step #4: Complete the Home Study process. Becoming a foster parent requires you to submit specific documents and paperwork. At Nightlight you will have the ability to upload your documents directly to our computer system. No need to mail them or provide us with physical copies! You will then meet with a Nightlight Social Worker in the convenience of your home. These interviews help us assess your strengths and identify the characteristics of a child what would best thrive in your home.
- Step #5: Congratulations! You’re now eligible for placement of a child! Your availability and child preferences will be forwarded to Riverside and Orange County Social Services Agencies. Once we have a match for you to consider, we will provide you all the information available to you so that you may determine if this is the right match for your family.