The partnership between adoption agencies and churches is vital. What can your church do to join us in the gospel mandate to care for the orphan? Several things:
- Viewing us as an extension of your pro-life ministry, make a monthly or annual commitment from your mission or evangelism budget to fund our birth mother fund or adoption grant fund.
- Volunteer for events (picnic, gala)
- Provide respite for families to have a break (weekend, or even date night)
- Refer women in crisis pregnancy
- Refer families to our foster and adoption programs
- Creation of an adoptive/foster family support group
- Observance of Orphan Sunday (eg, first Sunday in Nov) where we have a table, show a video, have a family speak about their experience, preach about the biblical mandate for adoption
- Host an adoption conference with all the local agencies to present and exhibit
- Orphan host summer tour: get a group of families to host a child for a month, or have kids attend church and recognize their attendance to draw attention to the program)
- Annual plea to congregation to get their embryos out of storage and donate them to Snowflakes, give them life!
- Join us on a mission trip to an orphanage