Eligibility Requirements for Texas Home Studies
Nightlight Christian Adoptions in Texas is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to select suitable families for children in need of adoption. The selection of adoptive parents is based on their eligilibility to meet state and agency requirements, foreign country requirements (if applicable), their capacity for adoptive parenthood, and the availability of children whose needs they can meet. Nightlight’s Texas office, with offices and staff in Waco, Austin, DFW, and Houston, can provide home study services for families around the state for Domestic, International, or Embryo adoption.
ADOPTION OF SUBSEQUENT CHILDREN
HOME STUDY SERVICES GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST
We would love to see you at one of our free information seminars! These seminars are an excellent way to have your preliminary questions answered, get to know the Nightlight staff and meet other families beginning the adoption process. Seminars are held every 2-3 months. Visit our Adoption Seminars Page or call the office for more information and to RSVP for an upcoming seminar. You can also call to speak with one of our experienced staff members to get more information about any of our adoption programs or about our home study process.
How do we get started?
- Fill out an online Application – This is the first step in the process. All prospective adoptive parents considering a home study with Nightlight need to complete this online application. If you have questions or concerns, please call or email our office.
- Upon completion of your application, we will review it and contact you. We will provide you with initial documents by email that will need to be completed and uploaded through our secure online portal. You will also be billed for your Texas home study fee, which is $2000, whether it’s for a domestic or international adoption.
- Once your initial documents have been received and reviewed, we will run your background checks and we will forward you another packet of information relating to the supporting documents that you will need to gather and submit to complete your home study.
- Once we receive all of your supporting documents, a social worker will reach out to you to schedule your home visit.
* If you would like additional information about Nightlight’s home study services or answers to some of our most frequently asked questions before you complete an online application, please call our Texas office at (254) 741-1633, we would love to answer your questions! You can contact Krista, our Home Study Coordinator by phone at the number above or by email at [email protected].