Eligibility Requirements for Texas Home Studies
Nightlight Christian Adoptions in Texas is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to select suitable families for children in need of adoption. The selection of adoptive parents is based on their eligilibility to meet state and agency requirements, foreign country requirements (if applicable), their capacity for adoptive parenthood, and the availability of children whose needs they can meet. Nightlight’s Texas office, with offices and staff in Waco, Austin, DFW, and Houston, can provide home study services for families around the state for Domestic, International, or Embryo adoption.
ADOPTION OF SUBSEQUENT CHILDREN
HOME STUDY SERVICES GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST
We would love to have the opportunity to chat with you and discuss our services. Please call our office for more information – 254.741.1633 and to discuss your adoption with our Inquiry Specialists. For more information or to RSVP, visit Adoption Seminars Page
How do we get started?
How do we get started?
- Contact John for a link to the online application. If you only require assistance in having your home study completed by our agency and you are adopting through another adoption agency for an international or domestic adoption, you will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a husband and wife married for a minimum of 3 years
- Be a practicing Christian willing to sign and submit agreement with our Statement of Faith
- Be able to submit a reference from your pastor or clergy as a part of your supporting documents
- Upon completion of your application, we will review it and contact you. We will provide you with initial documents by email that will need to be completed and uploaded online through our secure portal.
- Once the initial documents have been received and reviewed, we will forward you another packet of information relating to the supporting documents that you will need to gather and submit to complete your home study.
- International and Domestic home study fee: $2000.
If you have questions, contact John Hewitt by phone at (254) 741-1633 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to walk you through the process of getting your home study finished!