“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching” Hebrews 10: 24-25
Click below for more information!
CENTER FOR CONNECTION
You are part of the Nightlight family, from your interaction with individual staff and offices to our organization as a whole. We are excited to stay connected to you and see your child grow and develop through the years. We have a plan for communicating with you on a regular basis. Whenever you need help you are welcome to call – no matter how many months or years have passed. Our desire for this Center is to be a central place for you to come as you have needs, even if the adoption advisor you worked with has moved on. You are part of the Nightlight family so we commit to stay connected to you through:
- Annual contact – We will reach out to you at various times during the year to offer resources and an opportunity to connect with us if you have any needs with your child.
- Family Reunion Picnic each summer – Each of our state offices host a Family Reunion Picnic where we love to connect with all of our adoptive families. Be sure to join us at our next Reunion Picnic!
- Fundraiser events throughout the year – We host various events as a way to celebrate all that God has done through creating each of our adoptive families. We want to celebrate your story and family at these gatherings.
CENTER FOR SUPPORT
There are many parents and professionals who have walked this journey of parenting an adopted child before you, they have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. Even if you have parented other children, parenting your unique child in her specific needs can leave you wondering what to do with your child’s behaviors/emotions. We offer you support in a variety of ways:
- Resources – We have lists of resources available to send to you for whatever needs you have.
- Listening ear – We are here to listen to your struggles or concerns and guide you through them.
- Mentoring Program – We are now offering a mentoring program to connect you with another family. They are not perfect, but they have walked a similar journey and want to offer you understanding and guidance. Contact us if you are interested in being matched with one of our experienced families.
- Support Groups – We offer virtual support groups, following a psychoeducational curriculum from Creating a Family, throughout the year. Contact email@example.com to learn about any upcoming groups.
- Counseling Services – We have licensed professional counselors on our staff for areas of greater need or we can help connect you to professionals in your area. Nightlight counseling services are free to all Nightlight alumni families for the first three 1 hour sessions and then, as possible, offered on a sliding scale.
The Nightlight staff you have worked with throughout your adoption journey will continue to support you through post-adoption visits and continued communication. The Post Adoption Connection Center is here to provide additional support and give you a place to come to as needs arise. No matter how long it has been, Nightlight wants to connect with you and provide support.
Heather Sloan, LBSW
Nightlight Christian Adoptions has acquired the files for several agencies over the years and we are here to support you if you adopted through any one of these agencies. Contact us here at the Post Adoption Connection Center if you have lost touch with your previous adoption advisor and agency so we can support your needs.
Nightlight Christian Adoptions serves clients from the following former agencies:
Heritage Family Services
Florida Home Studies
Evangelical Welfare Agency
Christian Adoption and Family Services