Eligibility Requirements for Missouri Home Study Services
Nightlight® Christian Adoptions is licensed by the California Department of Social Services to select suitable families for children needing adoption. The selection of adoptive parents is based on their eligibility to meet state and agency requirements, foreign country requirements (if applicable), their capacity for adoptive parenthood, and the availability of children whose needs they can meet.
HOME STUDY SERVICES
GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST
We would love to see you at one of our free information seminars! These seminars are an excellent way to have your preliminary questions answered, get to know the Nightlight staff and meet other families beginning the adoption process. Seminars are held every 2-3 months. Visit our Adoption Seminar Page or call the office for more information and to RSVP for an upcoming seminar. You can also call to speak with one of our experienced staff members to get more information about any of our adoption programs or about our home study process.
How do we get started?
- Contact our Missouri office for a link to the online application: (636)797-4100
- Sign the Agreement Form that will be emailed to you once your application has been approved. Mail it to our office along with the Initial Home Study Phase fee.
- Once we receive the Agreement Form and check, we will walk you through the process of completing your home study. We will be there to support you through the paperwork, education, and social work visits.
- International home study fee: $2100. Domestic home study fee: $1750.
- In addition, there is an application fee of $500. This fee is only paid once, whether you are adopting Internationally, domestically, with Snowflakes, or are just doing a home study.
For general questions about home studies, please call our office at (636)797-4100. If you have questions regarding an international home study, please contact Jordyn Giorgi at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding a domestic home study, please contact Lara Kelso at [email protected].