To learn more about adopting from Haiti, you may contact us, call our office at (502) 423-5780, or directly email Karson at email@example.com
• At least one parent has to be over 30 years of age. Neither parent can be over age 50.
• Single women are accepted into the program.
• A couple has to be married for at least 5 years.
Referrals are provided by Haiti. The referral will contain basic information on child’s medical and social background and pictures. Referral wait times are based off of the age of child that you are open to and approved for which are below:
• Child 6-7 years: average referral time is 2+ years
• Child 8+ average referral time is less than 2 years
• Sibling groups: average referral time is less than 2 years
Only 2 trips are required for adoption from Haiti. The first trip is 15 days and you will meet the child you were referred. Both parents are required to attend this trip. You will go on your second trip after adoption in Haiti is completed and your child’s visa is obtained (approximately 1 year after the first trip). The required stay for the second trip is 6 days.
Nightlight Christian Adoptions is committed to preparing families for the adoption of a child with special needs. We provide pre- and post-adoption education and information regarding medical resources.