Haiti is party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention). Therefore, all intercountry adoptions between Haiti and the United States must meet the requirements of the Convention and U.S. law implementing the Convention. Haitian adoptions are conducted through a collaborative effort of a Hague accredited adoption agency in the U.S. and by the Haitian Central Adoption Authority (IBESR).
Visit our Waiting Children Page
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
To learn more about adopting from Haiti, you may contact us, call our office at (502) 423-5780, or directly email Megan Black at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and sibling groups of all ages are available for adoption from Haiti. We are currently only taking applications of families that are open to children ages 6+.
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
• Single women are accepted into the program.
• A couple has to be married for at least 5 years.
• Child 6-7 years: average referral time is 2+ years
• Child 8+ average referral time is less than 2 years
• Sibling groups: average referral time is less than 2 years
- Make application to Nightlight Christian Adoptions.
- Begin your adoption home study and submit form I-800A to USCIS.
- Begin to assemble your dossier. We will give you detailed instructions.
- Once USCIS has approved your adoption home study, you will receive your I-797C pre-approval notice.
- Once your USCIS approval has been received your dossier is complete, you will be registered to adopt in Haiti.
- The Haitian Central Authority will add you to a list of waiting families and it can take several years to receive a referral.
- Upon referral acceptance, you will travel to Haiti for a 15-day bonding trip.
- Upon return to the US, you will file your I-800 application.
- Once you receive your I-800 provisional approval, your dossier goes to court for the adoption.
- Once you have received the court decree, the attorney will obtain a new birth certificate and passport for your child.
- The final step is to obtain the US visa for your child. Once the visa is printed, you go to Haiti for the second required trip of 6 days and then return home with your child.
- The children reside in orphanages while awaiting adoption.
- It can take 12-14 months to bring your child home once you are matched.
Please contact Megan Black, email@example.com (502) 423-5780 with any questions.
More Information on Haiti Adoptions