Eligibility Requirements for home study services
Nightlight Christian Adoptions in Winter Park (near Orlando), Florida is licensed by the Florida Department of Children and Families to select suitable families for children needing adoption. The selection of adoptive parents is based on their eligibility to meet state and agency requirements, foreign country requirements (if applicable), their capacity for adoptive parenthood, and the availability of children whose needs they can meet. Nightlight’s Florida office can provide referrals for embryo donation and embryo adoption, as well as international adoption.
Nightlight is committed to providing you with excellent educational programs and guidance to prepare you to be knowledgeable and loving parents. Our intent is to give you the tools to parent an adopted child who may have unique and special needs. The home study will be tailored for the type of adoption you are entering: embryo, infant or older child domestic, foster-to-adopt, and international. The adoption home study will take about 2-3 months to complete and will consist of education, interviews, a tour of your home, and paperwork.
How do we get started?
- Read the International Home Study information packet OR the Domestic Home Study information packet.
- Contact Olivia Duncan for a link to the online application and pay our application fee of $500. This application fee is only paid once, whether you are adopting internationally, domestically, with Snowflakes, or are just doing a home study. If you are in one of Nightlight’s programs, you do not need to fill out a separate application for the home study.
- Pay the home study fee:
- International home study fee: $2,100 ($2,300 if you are using a different placing agency)
- Domestic home study fee: $1,500 ($1,700 if you are using a different placing agency)
- Once we receive the payment, we will walk you through the process of completing your home study. We will be there to support you through the paperwork, education, and social work visits.
If you have questions or concerns after reading through the information packet, please call our Florida office at (407) 628-9051 or email our home study coordinator at at firstname.lastname@example.org.