Snowflakes Embryo Adoption is uniquely child-centered.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions pioneered embryo adoption in 1997 with the creation of the Snowflakes Embryo Adoption Program
- Over 700 babies have been born to their adoptive parents through successful Snowflakes placements
- Nearly 1,600 families have donated their remaining embryos through Snowflakes (sometimes referred to as leftover embryos or unused embryos)– allowing them to choose the family for their embryo gift
- Embryo adoption is a low-cost adoption option, allowing you to experience pregnancy and give birth to your adopted child
- Unlike other programs, Snowflakes has embryos available for adoption now
- There are now over 1,000,000 embryos in frozen storage in the United States.
- 50 Benefits You Receive When You Choose SNOWFLAKES
Donated embryos are not distributed among multiple families.
- The Snowflakes placing embryo family gives all of their remaining embryos to one adopting family.
- This enables genetic siblings to live and thrive in fewer families, and in families where their existence is known.
- Contact and communication is available for potential future medical emergencies.
- Fertility clinic donation programs will frequently anonymously divide a genetic sibling donation of embryos among multiple recipient patients. No information about the birth of resulting children is provided.
- The Snowflakes program charges no additional fees for keeping embryo sibling groups together.
Working with a fertility clinic:
- The Snowflakes program has preferred partner relationships with a specific set of fertility clinics located throughout the U.S. where you can schedule your frozen embryo transfer. These clinics are ’embryo adoption – friendly’. By working with a Snowflakes partner fertility clinic you will move more quickly through the embryo adoption process to your ultimate goal of achieving pregnancy and the birth of your new baby!
- Some adopting families choose to travel to the clinic where the placing family had their embryos created and where their embryos are in storage. This is not always possible as some placing families may have moved their embryos to a long term storage facility.
- Snowflakes partner fertility clinics ensure our adopting families with a safe, experienced and friendly clinic as a critical part of your embryo adoption experience.
We follow the best practices of adoption for our Snowflakes program because you are hoping to give birth to a baby, a baby who is not genetically related to you. Our experience as an adoption agency compelled us to follow the traditional methods we knew would be in the best interests of the child, the donor and the adopting parents. Counseling is the cornerstone of adoption. With a commitment to working with families of many different spiritual and ethnic backgrounds, Nightlight is well equipped to offer many viable alternatives to people wanting to provide a loving home to children.
The Snowflakes program is divided into four phases:
Take a look at the Snowflakes infographic a visual representation of our program. It demonstrates how you and the donor family move through your adoption journey.