Colorado Foster Agency
Nightlight Christian Adoption’s Fostering Love Adoption Program is a Colorado Foster Agency designed for families interested in adopting an older child from the foster care system with individualized support from a private agency.
In the Fostering Love Adoption Program, single applicants, families without children and families with other children are welcome. Successful foster adoptive parents are: flexible, stable, mature, dependable and patient. Adoptive families should have realistic expectations of the children they adopt, have the ability to advocate for their children, and be able to work as a team with other family members, their social worker and other human services professionals.
Working with a private adoption agency for foster adoption has many advantages. Our case managers have small caseloads and can offer more individualized attention. Our staff has experience in facilitating older child adoptions domestically and internationally. Our training offers the most current and cutting edge information available.
Nightlight assists home study approved adoptive parents in creating a profile, networking locally and nationwide, and providing you with ongoing training and support.
Of the 400,000 children in foster care in the US, 100,000 are immediately available for adoption. In Colorado alone, more than 250 children between the ages of 2 and 18 are waiting in the public welfare system for their permanent family. The majority of the children who are legally free for adoption are school age.
These children come from every social, economic, and ethnic background. Abuse, neglect and other family issues prevent these children from living with their birth parents. The children available through the Fostering Love Adoption Program may
- Be ten years of age and older
- Be part of a sibling group who must be placed together
- Be African American, Hispanic, or Caucasian
- Have developmental, physical, behavioral, or emotional disabilities
- Most of the children have no overt health problems, but because of the abuse, neglect, or trauma they may have experienced, all will need parents who can meet their special emotional needs
You can make a difference in the life of a child waiting for their forever family. Your child is waiting to meet you!
Nightlight’s Colorado office can help you adopt a child who is currently in Foster Care. For more information please contact our Colorado Office at 970-663-6799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Your Adoption Inquiry Today
- Why Should I Consider Foster Adoption?
- Educational Resources for Foster Adoption
- Over 33,000 Teens in Foster Care Awaiting Adoption
- Raising Awareness of Teens in Foster Care
- You Don’t Have to be Perfect to be a Foster Parent